The Edwin C. Jameson Mansion
This extraordinary 28’ wide five story single family Neo-Georgian limestone mansion was erected in 1917 by Grosvenor Atterbury, the multi-talented partner of the illustrious firm of McKim, Mead & White. His broad range of talent infused this elevatored mansion of approximately 13,110 square feet with unusual proportion, grand style rooms and exceptional light from floor-to-ceiling windows on several floors. The house features a large entrance foyer, stately double-wide staircase, a living room with the original carved marble fireplace, large gallery with marble fireplace and leaded glass skylight, oval dining room with original carved fireplace and a spectacular library with black granite fireplace. Outdoor space includes an 18’ deep garden and a terrace from which there are views of Central Park and the skyline of midtown Manhattan.
Architect of record Peter Pennoyer Architect, LLC.